PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010 – PRIVACY NOTICE
Mahajaya Group which includes Mahajaya Berhad (‘Mahajaya”), its subsidiaries, related and associated companies, from time to time, places great importance in keeping up with legal and regulatory changes. In view that the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“the Act”) came in force on 15 November 2013, we are taking steps to ensure that we are in compliance with the Act.
Mahajaya respects the privacy of individuals with regard to personal data. This Privacy Notice is formulated in accordance with the Act. For the purpose of this Privacy Notice, “Personal Data” shall have the meaning as ascribed to it in the Act.
A. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- In the course of your dealings with us, we have requested and/or will request you to provide your Personal Data such as your contact details, background information, financial data and other information relevant to your dealings and/or transactions with us.
- Your Personal Data are collected from various sources including but not limited to:-
- Information or comments or messages you have provided to us by whatsoever means and/or in whatever manner;
- Information input submitted to online facilities such as search tools and calculators;
- Information from third parties including referral; and
- Information obtained independently by us from other lawful sources.
B. PURPOSE OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- Your Personal Data will be collected, processed and used by us for the following purposes:-
- the delivery of notices, services or products and the marketing of such services or products whether present or future, to you;
- in order for you to enter into the necessary agreement and/or contract to purchase the products and/or properties from us;
- the maintenance and upkeep of customer records and development;
- those purposes specifically provided for in any particular service or product offered by us;
- marketing and client profiling activities regarding our latest projects, products and/or services;
- preparation and execution of all necessary documents and agreements and/or contracts for our projects, products and/or services with you;
- credit assessments, financial and background investigation as and when deemed necessary;
- our internal record keeping;
- prevention of crime (including but not limited to fraud and money-laundering);
- meeting any legal or regulatory requirements relating to our provision of services and products and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular, code applicable to us;
- enable us to send you information by e-mail, regular postal mail, telecommunication means (telephone calls, SMS messages) or internet social media about products and services offered by us;
- vacant possession, keys handover, property/estate management, customer care and/or defect rectification works;
- post vacant possession services, and/or customer loyalty programmes;
- any subsequent commercial transactions in relation to any projects, products and/or services;
- enable us to furnish and submit your Personal Data to the Government bodies/agencies/local authorities and institutions as listed in Appendix A; and
- enable us to furnish and submit your Personal Data to the Non-Governmental bodies/agencies and private institutions as listed in Appendix B.
C. USE AND DISCLOSURE
- Your Personal Data provided to us will be kept confidential but you agree that your Personal Data may be disclosed to the following classes of parties:-
- any persons, government agencies, statutory authorities and/or industry regulators whom we are compelled or required to do so pursuant to any law, please refer to the “List of Government bodies/agencies/local authorities and institutions” set out in Appendix A;
- relevant parties, please refer to the “List of Non-Governmental bodies/agencies and private institutions” set out in Appendix B;
- any subsidiaries and/or associated and/or related companies of Mahajaya, including those incorporated in the future, if any;
- our business partners and affiliates that provide related services or products in connection with our business;
- our auditors, consultants, lawyers, accountants or other financial or professional advisers appointed in connection with our business;
- vi. our third party service providers, third party management companies, sub-contractors or other parties as may be deemed necessary by us to facilitate your dealings with us; and
- third parties as a result of any restructuring, sale and/or acquisition of any company within Mahajaya.
- In some circumstances, you may have provided Personal Data relating to others (e.g. joint-applicants, spouses, related parties and/or emergency contact persons) for any of the purposes stated in (B) above. In such cases, you represent and warrant that you had or have their consent or are otherwise entitled to provide their Personal Data to us.
D. IMPACT OF NON-PROVISION OF PERSONAL DATA
- Please note that in the event that sufficient Personal Data is not supplied, or is not satisfactory to us, then your application or request to us for any of the purposes set out in (B) above may not be accepted or acted upon or we will not be able to provide the full range of services and/or products and/or perform our obligations under any potential or existing contract or agreement with you.
E. STORAGE AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- Your Personal Data shall be stored either in hard copies in our offices or stored in servers and operated by us and/or our service providers.
- Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by us as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes stated in (B) above or is required to satisfy any legal, regulatory and/or accounting requirements or to protect our interests.
- We do not offer any online facilities for you to delete your Personal Data held by us.
F. SAFETY OF PERSONAL DATA
- We use a number of mechanisms to protect the security and integrity of your Personal Data.
- For the internet, unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. So while we strive to protect such Personal Data, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Data transmitted to us and individuals do so at their own risk. Once Personal Data comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
G. RIGHT OF ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
- Under the Act, you have the right of access to your Personal Data held by us on payment of a prescribed fee and you may request that we correct any of your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, subject to any applicable legal restrictions and contractual conditions.
- If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice or if you wish to request access to your Personal Data or if you wish to withdraw your consent to us for the processing of your Personal Data for the purposes set out in (B) above or for the transfer of your Personal Data to the parties stated in (C) above, you may send in your request in writing at the following address:-
MAHAJAYA GROUP OF COMPANIES
No. 1-1-1, Wisma Mahajaya, Block A,
Megan Salak Park, Jalan 2/125E,
Taman Desa Petaling,
57100 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel No. : 03-9051 3333
Fax No. : 03-9059 2880
- Please note that notwithstanding the withdrawal of your consent, we may still proceed to process your Personal Data in circumstances recognised and permitted by law and as required under the contractual conditions.
- We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
H. CHANGES TO PRIVACY NOTICE
- We reserve the right to modify or update this Privacy Notice from time to time without prior notice. We advise that you check this Privacy Notice on our website on a regular basis.
- In accordance with Section 7(3) of the Act, this Privacy Notice is issued in both Bahasa Malaysia and English languages. In the event of any inconsistency, the English language version shall prevail.
- Bahagian Pinjaman Perumahan Perbendaharaan;
- Kumpulan Wang Simpanan Pekerja;
- Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri;
- Land offices and/or land registries;
- Local authorities;
- Internal auditors;
- Federal Court, Court of Appeal, High Courts, lower courts or tribunals;
- Insurance companies;
- ISO auditors; and any change or amendment, we shall notify you accordingly.
- Indah Water Konsortium;
- Kumpulan Wang Simpanan Pekerja;
- Syarikat Bekalan Air Selangor Sdn Bhd;
- Sabah State Water Department (JANS);
- Tenaga Nasional Berhad;
- Banks and financial institutions;
- Insurance companies;
- External financial auditors; and
- Law firms; and
- any change or amendment, we shall notify you accordingly.